Friday, September 4, 2009

Supernova Materials Board

This is a preliminary mock-up of my materials board for my retail space. The space is designed to be a space inspired lingerie store. Black lacquered wood floors and black metal walls are in the main gallery space of the store. Gold chrome mannequins will be suspended at different heights throughout the gallery and will be lit from above to look like alien figures floating in space. The black metal walls will be curved to make people in the store feel like there is no sense of depth, like they too are floating in space. The dressing rooms will be decorated in mid century space-inspired furniture to continue with the space concept, but to allow for a more upscale feeling. The lingerie displayed in the store are futuristic or space inspired, and will be displayed on the gold mannequins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really loving your blog! It looks great. I enjoy seeing the new stuff you've put up recently.

Keep up the good work this semester! I'll be checking your blog to keep up with how your Studio is going. Looks like you have some awesome ideas so far!

Ashby Bernardino said...

Looks awesome Katie. Love the direction this is going. I would maybe shorten the name to Nova/Novae. More to the point, sounds upscale. I love the video of the supernova. I would think maybe incorporating a giant abstracted print or other media with the design of the explosion. Just an idea. I am excited to see further updates. Good Luck. PS. thats some Haut Lingerie lol :)